Coconut water is a more flavorful alternative to plain water that’s also loaded with potassium and other essential nutrients. Watermelon is another hydration superstar with these added benefits. Here they’re blended with a splash of citrus into one all-natural rejuvenating drink with just the right balance of tart and sweet. Top it off with a splash of sparkling water if you like. — Susan Puckett
- 6 cupsdiced watermelon
- 2 cups coconut water (or 1 cup coconut water plus 1 cup citrus-flavored vodka)
- Juice of 2 limes (1/4 cup)
- 1 whole lime, sliced
- Sparkling water (optional)
- Watermelon slices, and/or mint sprigs for garnish
- Place the watermelon chunks, 1 cup of the coconut water, and lime juice in a blender and blend on high speed until completely liquified.
- Pour into a large pitcher, stir in remaining coconut water or vodka, add lime slices, and chill until ready to serve.
- Serve in glasses over ice and top with sparkling water, if desired. Garnish with watermelon wedges and/or mint sprigs.
Susan Puckett is an Atlanta-based food writer and cookbook author.