No matter where you are in your fitness journey, the holidays can through you off track if you’re not careful.
Just the parties alone are a problem for lots of us. The cocktails, the heavy appetizers, the irresistible desserts (that often end up being, you know, not even worth it).
Well, by now you’ve navigated a few of these busy seasons and have learned how to make them work for you. So, here are a few reminders to help you enjoy the parties without suffering any regret.
- Be Choosy.Remember you don’t have to be everywhere all the time. Decline some invitations. Mark others for snacks only. Enjoy the ones you know you’ll love.
- Less Is More.Pick smaller plates before loading up. Favor veggies, fruits and lean protein.
- Potluck Palooza.For these parties, brings a healthy dish you also enjoyed making, or at least sharing.
- Eat Before You Go.Have at least a healthy light plate of snacks before going to a party. That way, you’ll be less likely to overindulge or face a crisis if the service is slow.
- Sip wisely. Too much wine or liquor can lead to overeating, so alternate a glass of water or club soda for each adult beverage.
Remember that holiday parties are supposed to be fun. But don’t let your guard down too quickly. You don’t want to face 2024 with a month’s worth of regret!